Sunday, November 13, 2011

Min Aung

He is the one who can miss/yarn his love one just like an adorable prince. His songs were the hit --- all over the country in that stereo era. I could sing the whole album of the prince's lovesick. "Yaway --- yaway ho Myaing saung Hmar la --- u daung tway twon than twon than kyarr yin ---" that was so awesome back then. Everyone loves it. I sang them on my bicycle --- while I was practicing "No hands, no hands, Mom! thing". I ended up learning the whole lyrics of the album and learned how to ride a bike without using hands on the handles. Now that I am so old like a dinosaur, I cannot remember those lyrics anymore --- and the bike??? I don't know. I dare not try.

He has a very long side parted hair style. He plays guitar and remember seeing him in white strip collar shirt and traditional hand woven long gyis often time. He does look royal with those outfits.

He has a significant strong voice (somewhat nasal sometimes) and nice tone that stick to the notes like a glue no matter how it goes high or low. His songs are fabulous songs with exquisite meanings. The only draw back was the excessive use of synthesizer which sort of kill my mood sometimes wishing there is a better arrangement. That was the time when Burmese songs were exploring into stereo and originality. It was a good old time --- or I am just getting too old so that I am starting to say things like "It was a good old time."

Just for me, his hit album was the 'it'. There was quite a few album came out much later but honestly I don't remember much anymore. Only his first album was very memorable to me.

(someone did comment on Youtube that he passed away at a younger age?? I don't know anything about this though.)

Listen his songs here:
"Hay Won Nann" : www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjEmpDplI8

No comments: