Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chit Kaung


Chit Kaung brings the era of flourishing Reggae in our music industry. "Black Coffee" is a very catchy and famous blend of slang back then. Tea houses used the slang of "one cup of Chit Kaung". It was very popular instantly and for a long time. I was surprised when I saw Chit Kaung in person because he is on a little different ethic side. Forgive me, I was prejudice back then, in a way I'm close minded and much more conservatively traditional. I was more into the own tune singers although their songs are always sounded some what the same. I usually prefer to listen to originals if I really like the song. Anyway, I liked "Self portrait??" or Black Coffee?? I don't remember the titles. But Chit Kaung was well accepted by the Reggae fans in Burma. The last one I listened was "Turn", well, but the truth is that I didn't like that record, but I was forced to listen to it repeatedly and I became accustomed to it and start liking it. The thing I like about Chit Kaung is that even though he is a copy songs singer, he has his own style in the ways he sings: very passionately. That is how I like it. He loves to wear sun glasses and I have never seen him without one. His attitude is a little cocky, but seems like a nice person to me although I don't know much about his personality. He seem to be in a funny mood when I last saw him in Hay Mar Nay Win coming back concert. Then, I saw him here and there --- a few songs and as presenter in different occasions as well. Oh, yeah! that unfortunate incident ---a woman and bloody incident, that is his personal life, so be the way he likes to be. I still like to listen him singing. His songs also brings me the memories of the time that I didn't want to forget.

Listen songs here:
Black Coffee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dnbPg4CBhE
Been in Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvlb7twM8a4&feature=related

No comments: