Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Phyo Gyi


Phyo Gyi was one of the new comers that I did recognized not for his vocal quality but again --- for his passionate singing. The very first time I saw him was with May Sweet doing a duet of an old song something about flying against the wind love song ( I guess it was L Koon Yee and Pb Than Naing song). That song instantly grabbed my attention. I thought --- wow! --- he sings his heart out although his little "wooh!" was not too confident. I read in a magazine about his interview --- about his surgery when he was young. His voice is sort of cracked and lacking at times but his passion is so appealing that we can forgive.

After that song, I have heard him sing here --- there. It was good but nothing break through into my head to wanting to listen again and again until that ridiculous wedding.

Yes, my weakness and lethal flaw is that being too opinionated and judgemental. I have never seen any wedding as big of an advertising campaign than his wedding with one of the most annoying actresses of that time. I asked why? Gosh! Why it has to be her?

While I was highly annoyed by the wedding campaign --- I watched his wedding special song album over and over again. The songs are catchy --- fun to listen. I liked that album as I put in my easy listening list.

I haven't listen any Burmese songs since after that time --- just recently I saw a couple of his songs on you tube. He looks much thinner and older now (I am sorry for the criticism). I am very sad to see him getting thinner. I heard that he is divorced now??? I am not sure --- but the incident was not very pretty.

I wish I can write more about him but I don't know much about him. I think he has a good heart though. May be he needs to hang out with good friends, think only about music and do really good albums since he has a potential. I wish you the best.

Listen song here:
www.musicvideos.com/watch-phyo-gyi-sone-thin-par-kyal-pyout-nya/1ppcYA4Saso.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I like him a lot. He is one of my favorite vocalists.

Moon said...

He is having a concert in the States this week I think.