Thursday, October 7, 2010

Zaw Win Shein

One of a few drummers who break through to be famous as a vocalist is Zaw Win Shein. I heard someone in Yin mar recording said how well his skills in drumming. I overheard a casual conversation stating that he is the best drummer at that time.

He looks always cool and conservative all the time. Big eye glasses are his style. I noticed him with the song "Little silver moon"; the original song title is "Only you". Even until now, it is my favorite song although he is more well known for the songs for "Rosie".

His voice is clear and sharp. I like the clearness of his voice. He is not very a passionate singer but he sings the songs very beautifully and perfectly. Listening to his songs, I felt it is flawless --- but may be because of his conservative nature, he doesn't want to show the deeper side of his heart.

I am not a die hard fan but took notice of his effort in breaking the barrier of a famous vocalist from a drummer. Somehow, it seems to be that drummers have to give up drum when they become vocalist. However, he plays drum a lot of the time while he is performing and I like that kind of performance --- something refreshing and original.

He dressed up very formally in performances. If he wears traditional outfits, he wore proper tike-pone and yaw long-gyi. If he wears western style, it is a full suit. I cannot remember seeing him a T shirt or a jean. His styles are very conservative but it suits him very well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks bored to me..zzzzzzzzzzz
but I used to like some of his songs (i.e. Patinpout ga Ngwe La Min)

Moon said...

Aww yes, that is "only you" song, right?