Friday, September 14, 2007

Htoo Ein Thin

One of my favorite singers of all time. He is such a genius in poetically writting songs. I love his experiments of using different styles of beats, musical instruments, and variety of combinations. Classical intro in "Sein-yet-lay-err", playful jazz, upbeat twist, and even the signature hard rock in "Mayt-leit-tawt". He can create own tunes yet he is never afraid to share his passion for variety of songs with distinct copy songs. "Chit-tine-le-ma-nyar" is my all time favorite song. I have such a great respect for his unique talent combination with his lovely voice. The most memorable about Htoo Ein Thin for me was at a concert, he had sang a couple of different songs intermixing in non-stop style. (May be he forgot his lyrics --- but it is okay --- I love his spontaneity). He doesn't have an appeal in image, long curly hairs (at times it is short) and thick eye glasses, ---but I can forgive the lack of personal imagry (although I was highly disappointed once when he came out with pink shirt and jeans and sort of a cow-boy hat with a weird posing on his record cover). He didn't do that kind of stunt ever again and I was thankfully loving his talent untill he left us.

the images are from: www.myanmar-music.com/myanmarmusic/imgdb/albu and http://www.mchronicle.com.mm/Bottom/v2n7/htooeaintin.gif
Listen sample song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhq6smgU6zc

No comments: