Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Aung Naing

Never seen him on any concert. Never met him personally. I think I saw him on television one time --- I don't remember which song --- possibly one of my three favorite songs of Aung Naing.

I do not know much about him or not very interested except that I have acquainted with his songs a lot of time. "Min Maie Hmar Soe" album was the one that I listened full album for a long time. I loved that title song lyrics ending " --- when someone else ever approach you for your love, just letting him know that you have me in your heart and turn him down". It sounds demanding but the song is about the distant love relationship where insecurity can kick in time to time.

Out of all Aung Naing's songs, "Pann Khinn Htae Hmar" is my favorite song where chorus was fun to sing along and the breaks are fun to play on the guitar. "Mg Thriri May" is another favorite song which can bring back beautiful memories of innocent and clueless days. In the still of the summer nights, we played guitar with fun and passion and not one night passed without one Aung Naing's song.

I saw him on the stage (I mean on DVD) concert for 25 years old songs??? something like that. Anyways --- I like his singing style --- casual, simple and plain, durable over time -- almost like plain old jeans.


awww---"Thein Htar Hmar Larr" was the song we played the most since the chords are super easy. I think that one is Aung Naing's song too.

Listen Aung Naing's songs here:
Pann Khinn Htae Hmar: www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T_8KG1VcIQ&feature=related
Mg Thiri May: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dYabQoXitE&feature=related
Thein
Htar Hmar Larr:
(remix by Pho Karr: style is sort of different and some lyrics varied)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UfJ_34kunY&feature=related

No comments: