Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ba Din

Regrettably short-lived brightest star or more like a comet? He came out so brightly shined --- and left us so soon (he is one of the best). The memory of Ba Din is almost like encounter of a brightly zooming comet --- a memory that imprints in our hearts forever.

I was depressed so I went to a far away canteen tea shop rather than the one we used to sit and hang out with friends. I choose the one that is particularly empty so that I can sober as much as I would like to. Everything looked so boring and empty. Then, I heard Ba Din first album Nay Yar (The Place) in that empty tea shop --- for the very first time. The songs grab my attention --- I had never heard of him yet --- so I called up a little waiter and inquire the album and the singer artist. He told me "Ba Din". It was rather a strange name. No one pay attention to his album at that time --- or did I heard pre recording ??? Most likely not but who knows.

The next day, I was up beat --- happy to be myself again and was hanging out with friends, informing them of Ba Din, but no one paid attention or interest to it until --- before we knew it --- I think it was the Lotto ticket sellers on the bike --- started playing Ba Din's album everywhere around the town --- and then it just took off ---. It was phenomenon. The whole Rangoon is playing Nay Yar where ever you go. There is no escape to it. And to be honest, I like them all --- never tired of listening to his songs.

I am a huge Ba Din fan --- yes, I noticed his vocal quality is not super duper --- but it doesn't matter. He sang it very passionately --- like he means every bit of all the lyrics. His songs are simple but very memorable. Each song is very simple but very unique in different ways.

I think he had 3 albums ( I could be wrong) --- I am acquainted to only the first one. I like "Theit chit Tar Bae" (Love you much) the best. I also like Nay Yar 2 song too. The most covered song must be the song about the black sheep --- which remind me of one of our friends ( You know your nickname my friend --- I hope you are having a happy and successful life).

I will always be Ba Din's fan --- forever. I have never seen him on any concert, nor even on his album cover. I have never seen any of his pictures or interviews in the magazine back then (again, I don't read much of magazines then anyway.) Basically, I have no idea how he is like or how he looks like. (I couldn't find any of his picture). Still, I am a supporting fan.

Listen Ba Din's songs here:

Thait Chit Tar Bae (Love You Much): www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLEEPymxr70&feature=related
Nay Yar 2 (The Place 2): www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqE-cs6p-bs&feature=related
Thoe Mae Twae AhKyaung (About Black Sheep): www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP4MWameaIU&feature=related
Tite Tite Saing Saing (Coincidentally): www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Fr1wXNkb8&feature=related

No comments: