Friday, December 19, 2008

Myo Kyawt Myaing

I have been debating to post MKM. Since he is the first who introduced rap and hip-hop to our age, I thought I should post him. I heard him sing before I know him as MKM. Through friend of friend of friend, I got a chance to listen to a mysterious tape which is self made but was recorded in May studio (I am not sure, but that's what I remember). Back then, I didn't know who sang the songs --- it was not even a full tape. I liked the songs and the singing (although the voice was not too great), so I made a copy (I am so sorry for un-authorized duplication but I didn't use it for profit.) and sang those songs with my guitar. Out of those songs, (btw, I gave the titles by myself since the tape came to me with nothing written on it) I liked "Hlaing-htait-htar-khin" the best. That is my one of my all time favorite songs untill now. I don't know why MKM is not using that song yet or possibly I didn't know the fact that he already has sang that song in his records. I liked the first song which he used the sound effect of air plane taking off --- something about missing the love one and cannot wait to come back and see her. "Mistaken with Ma-Dee", known as "Kar-yan-lay" is one of the songs that I liked, and I have heard he's been singing that song lots of time and is well liked. "May 31st" is a good one too. I guess he sang that one in one of his records, again not too sure. Out of all MKM songs, I love "Hlain-htait-htar-khin" the most.

"The Car Accident" is his first record which is very different from what is out there in music industry at that time. Heavy metal was so hot back then that not many people pay much attention to "The Car Accident". After this record came out, I found out that my mysterious tape owner is MKM. I bought that one and loved it very much. I listen to it and sleep with it. I thought I was going to become a MKM fan. I liked all the songs in that record. Now that I do not have that tape anymore and I wish to get it back sometimes. Nothing followed after "The Car Accident" and when he come back and become famous, surprisingly, I find myself that I am not a MKM fan. I have a great respect for his talent in good taste and good instinct in music, however, we must have grown up into different perspectives of what life has given us. I very much like his experimenting remixes. I can listen and understand what he wants to deliver. It just doesn't blow my mind. I saw him picked a really good Chinese songs and sang copies a while back there. For some reason, I felt like he has more originality in "The Car Accident." Now that I have been out of touch with Burmese music industry and it wouldn't be fair to comment on. I always give credit to MKM as the first hip-hop carrier of Burma (I am sorry if there is someone earlier than MKM has done the job, but this is as far as my knowledge can stretch.) Oh, that ugly personal incident, --- with a famous actress singer, I think people just went too far by exposing a very private personal issues. Aside from that, I recognize that MKM is one of those artists who use their real name as an artist name. I wish to get my original "The Car Accident" tape back and I wish to listen MKM sing "Hlaing-htait-htar-khin" one day.

P.S. "Hlaing-htait-htar-khin" is the all time most requested song to play from my friends.

Listen Here:
Kar-yan-lay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px0sEsRIOSs

No comments: