Friday, December 19, 2008

Pho Cho

One of the most influential artists in my life. For some reason, I have never get a chance to see him or hear him at the concert. He is famous but never been so popular, may be until he passed away. It seems to me that people recognize more of his songs when a Pho Cho memorial concert is held. "Paing-soe-mhu-a-ka-yee" is the first song that I played on guitar because it was catchy, because the notes are simple and easy, because it is dreamy to sing. I don't know much about him, surprisingly, although I listened and played a lot of his songs. He is one of the low maintenance artists who only care to sing. His voice is not super but one can hear his honesty and love of music in his singing. He doesn't hide his flaws --- his style is simple, pure, open and unyielding. A true original singer whom I do respect a lot. "Way Lwin Chin Ye Nout Sone Chay Yar" is my favorite and this song is best used in the romantic comedy video "Hnin-si Wine". There are so many good songs in Pho Cho's collection that the list would be pretty long if I have to pick his songs. "The Best of Pho Cho" is a very satisfying collection although I wished there were "The Best of Pho Cho 2" at that time. He was a star, a passionate star, who loves to sing for the music rather than a spot light.

Note: the sample songs are remixes done by different artists.

Listen Here:
Way Lwin Chin Ye Nout Sone Chay Yar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAD3GJrQp1g
Myaing Nann San Pann Ta Pwint: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQdB41fuGHk


Listen mp3s Here:

No comments: